P4A Learning Highlights 17th December

| 1 Comment

We have been so busy this week with lots of exciting activities.  We have written instructions on how to prepare for Christmas night, remembering all the important jobs like leaving out carrots for Rudolph and getting stockings ready.  For numeracy, we have been making links between multiplication tables, arrays and number lines.  We all enjoyed learning about Christmas in Spain, spotting traditions that are the same and different from ours and hearing the nativity story in Spanish.  After that, we used the laptops to research Christmas in a country of our choice.   On Wednesday we had our Christmas lunch and joined in with a virtual pantomime.  Our highlight today has been wearing our PJs to school and it certainly made us very colourful!

It has been a fantastic week for stories.  We have watched and listened to the P7s read us Christmas stories and this inspired some of us to want to read to our class.  So far, Eilidh, Emili, Lily, Emily, Farrah and Inaayah have read to the class using beautiful clear voices and making sure everyone saw the pictures.

Pupil Highlights:

Inaayah “My favourite moment of the week was Christmas lunch”

Dawid “I liked using my joined handwriting to write a Christmas poem”

Carina “I really liked using incredibox for music with Mrs Morrison”

Kuba “I liked doing maths this week because there were some hard questions!”

Nikola is our Hot Chocolate winner this week for being Ready, Respectful and Safe at all times!

Next week, we have a busy few days of Christmas activities planned and are super excited about our party on Tuesday!

One Comment