Primary 1A Learning Highlights 8th October 2021

This week in writing we had to write a sentence about what we liked to eat.  We are getting really good at using our sounds and writing them the correct way.  We have been learning about the sound ‘p’.  We read the book ‘Pants’ and then we decorated our own pair of paper pants!  We tried our best to make patterns on the pants.

We have finished our topic on senses.  Yesterday we used all our senses when we made popcorn.  It was great fun!  Everybody was dancing around when the popcorn was popping!

In maths we have been learning about numbers 9 and 10.  We got to taste sweet and salted popcorn and we made a pictogram to show what one we liked best.  The most popular was sweet.

Mrs Fisher brought in some big cardboard boxes and we got to play with them at Block Play.  They became cars, houses, aeroplanes, towers, helicopters and even more!  We really used our imaginations!

Here are some of our personal highlights:

Caiden – I learned about playing police officers.

Diana – I learned about numbers.

Caleb – I have been playing with the transformers.

Laura – I have been practising my letters.

Zion – I have been learning about taste.