P6B Update

Another GREAT week of learning in P6B!

This week we began looking at Fractions. We started looking at equivalent fractions; exploring fractions which were the same but with different numbers. We have made good connections from what we learned whilst doing decimal fractions.

For literacy this week we learned about Remembrance Day, completing some remembrance day activities. We finished writing our scary stories and the children had the opportunity to share their writing with the class in our ‘authors chair’.  They were very creative… and well… scary!

Lucy Enjoyed word boost this week, building our vocabulary in fun and engaging ways!  We all loved finding different opportunities to use the word boost words throughout the week.

John and Emily enjoyed continuing their creative work for Free Writing Friday! Our FWF jotters are filling up fast with lots of brilliant ideas!

IDL 

The children and I have had a blast researching our new topic, space.

Sneha said “I enjoyed researching about space and really liked doing art this week too”. Charlotte also exclaimed her enjoyment doing the space research. The class are designing our new IDL display wall and have discussed what they know already and what they would like to learn about space in P6.

R.E.

For R.E we have been learning about all souls. This week we focused on remembrance day and made our own poppies and designed medals for all service people. The class have done a great job with these – they look great. They have been wearing their poppies in class and very proudly when they took part in the two minute silence.

HWB

We have been discussing bullying this week. The children have discussed this with great maturity and came up with lots of good ideas and comments on how to be kind and what to do if they know of any instances of bullying (in any form). We have been celebrating difference, promoting the inclusion of all, and working on the wellbeing indicators. Well done Primary 6!

A message from Mr. Pentland

This week, it was great to see the children praise each other with our new ‘class stars’ recognition board. This gives the children the opportunity to recognise their peers for their achievements throughout the day! The comments have been so kind and lovely to hear – I’m sure the children would agree.

I would just like to say well done to P6B for remembering the timetable changes this week and keeping me right. I am super impressed with everyone. I would also like to take this opportunity to say a huge well done and thank you to all the children in P6B and their families. We had a great term 1 and an amazing start to term 2! The children have positively responded to the new safety measures needed in school due to the current global situation and I would like to thank you all for your patience and understanding. I hope you all have a great weekend and a happy Diwali! Take care, stay safe and I look forward to seeing you all on Monday! 🙂