St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P6A AM Tasks – Monday 25th May

Good morning P6!  I hope that you are all well today.  Fingers crossed for some improvement in our weather!  I will have 2 tasks for you this morning and then only 1 task this afternoon to give you plenty of time to take part in our Virtual Sports activity!

Task 1 – Numeracy & Maths

We are going to do some information handling this morning and have a look at line graphs.  Watch the video clip on line graphs and then complete the activities.  Remember that you don’t have to print out the worksheets, you can just record the answers/draw the graphs in your jotter.  Don’t forget to use a ruler!

Line Graph Worksheet 1

Line Graph Worksheet 2

Task 2 – Writing

Your task is to write an imaginative story titled “Disaster at the Disco”  You are at a disco with your friends and a disaster strikes!  You can decide what the disaster is – is it a fire that breaks out?  Does everyone have to evacuate?  Is someone trapped inside?  You can use this storyline or choose one of your own.  You could also change the place where your story is set and write about a disaster which happens elsewhere.   I have attached our core targets for imaginative writing to help you make sure that your story includes everything that is expected at 2nd level.  I am looking forward to reading your work so please share it on your PLB!

Core Targets – Imaginative Writing