Primary 7 23.4.20 Afternoon

Good Afternoon Primary 7,

I hope you have all had a fantastic week so far!

Since you are going to be comparing Scotland and Canada this term, I thought it might be nice to study the work of some of the famous artists that come from each country.

This week we will begin with a Scottish artist.  Undoubtedly, one of the most famous artists to come out of Scotland is Charles Rennie Mackintosh.  Some of you may already be familiar with his work.  Mackintosh was an artist, architect and designer and is most famous for his Art Nouveau designs.  Why don’t you carry out some research and see what else you can find out about him?  Write down 5 interesting facts and post them on your blog.

Once you have finished that, follow the YouTube tutorials below which show you how to create a Mackintosh rose.  The first video shows you how to draw it and the second one details how to add colour.  In the video it says you need a sharpie however any black pen/pencil will do the job.  You will also need something circular to draw around but I am sure you will be able to find something around your house.  It also says you need crayons and watercolours, if you have these resources, great, but if not, colouring pencils or pens will be fine.

Here are the links you will need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P2Nx85POfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf6Y_ornfV4

I can’t wait to see your finished art work!  Please post it to your blog and remember to add me, if you haven’t already.

Here are the answers to the mental maths and time activities you completed this morning:

Thursday Time Mild Answers

Thursday Time Spicy Answers

Thursday Time Hot Answers

BM Thursday Mild Spicy and Hot Answers

Have a great afternoon,

Mrs Craig