P4B Thursday 23rd April AM

Good Morning P4B!

This morning’s tasks are:

Handwriting

Practice your cursive handwriting by writing these sentences.

1. During the Easter holiday I ate lots of chocolate eggs.
  2. It is a glorious day today and I want to play in the garden.
  3. I went on a Spring walk and saw new buds on trees and lambs in the field.

Writing

Yesterday we looked at rhyming words. Some of you noticed in the poem I gave you that it also had repetition. Repetition helps to emphasise feelings or ideas, which helps to develop urgency.

Today, we are going to write a poem using repetition and the rhyming words you came up with for home, work, play and eat. The poem will be entitled ‘Lockdown’. I have written my own poem as an example, but I want to see your own personal poem about ‘Lockdown’.

Remember, I will be looking for sentences that are well structured using the correct punctuation and that make sense. I will also be looking for them to have rhyming words and the repetition you will see in my own poem.

Lockdown Poem Template

Maths

Today we are going to design a new 50p coin.  The Royal Mint (who make our money) often release special versions of 50p coins for special occasions.  These have included the Olympics, Paddington, London Landmarks and Peter Rabbit.

1. Design a new 50p coin (or even a whole collection of coins) Who or what will you put on it that is special to you or something that you really love? It could be a sport or a book or film.
  2. You can get some ideas from https://www.royalmint.com/discover/uk-coins/coin-design-and-specifications/fifty-pence-coin/

50p template

Remember to upload your work to your PLB for me to look at and give feedback.