P4B Wednesday 1st April PM

Good Afternoon P4B

Fantastic work carried out this morning. This afternoon’s tasks are again around the story ‘Unplugged’.

1. Data Handling/Fractions task – I would like you to access the Word document I have attached named ‘Screen Time’.

You will find a graph that shows you the percentage of screen media time of children aged 0-8 years. Using the graph, I would like you to analyse the data by answering the first set of questions under the graph. Please answer questions in your jotter.

The second set of questions link to the work we have been doing in class on fractions. These questions will require you to use your knowledge of division to work out the fraction of a number. Remember the ‘Denominator’ (bottom number) is how many the number is cut into and the ‘Numerator’ (top number) is how many parts of the number we have. There are mild and hot questions for this task.
Hot Fractions Mild Fractions Screen Time
I have also uploaded 2 extension tasks – Mild Fractions and Hot Fractions

1. I would like you to be like Blip. For at least an hour, let’s try to put technology down and discover playing games and having fun. Put on your favourite song and dance to the music. Play a fun game (not on technology!). Learn something new, whether it be to bake something (under adult supervision), try out a new exercise or learn a new skill. Sit down somewhere cosy and read a book. I bet afterwards you will feel energised.