P3B Learning Highlights Week Beginning 24/2

| 1 Comment

This week in P3B we have been learning about fractions. We know the difference between the numerator and denominator in a fraction. We know that a shape has to be split into equal parts to be a fraction. We also did some problem solving to solve the mystery of the pancake pincher.

In PE we were doing gymnastics and we had to do different jumps and balances and rolls on the mats.

For writing we had to write about our monster that we designed. We had to describe our monster using similes. We also read a passage about The Marrog. It described an alien and in our groups we had to draw it.

We have been learning about the Ancient Egyptians and what it would be like to live in Ancient Egypt.

We learned about the Lost Sheep and made some sheep with cotton wool. We also learned about Pancake Tuesday, Ash Wednesday and Lent. We even got to have some pancakes!

On Friday we saw a “Science is Magic” show where they fixed a balloon, turned water into special liquid that was pink and the picked a penny out of the air from behind your ear.

Our Learning Highlights:

“I liked that we had pancakes on Pancake Tuesday. I had chocolate spread on mine.” – Declan

“I liked the science show and the guy that did the magic.” – Niamh

“I liked PE because I learned how to do a forward roll off a bench.” – Amelia

“I liked learning about pizza fractions and we learned how to write the fractions.” – Reece

“I liked when we did free writing on Friday because I finished my book.” – Jayden

“I liked when we were doing the writing about the monster because we had to use similes to describe what the monster looked like.”- Aeryn

One Comment