Book Week in P3

Primary 3 have had an exciting and engaging week during Scottish Book Week. We are all enjoying reading Charlie and The Chocolate Factory and have used this as inspiration for our writing. The children wrote letters to Mr Wonka persuading him to make their own sweet or chocolate invention in his factory. The children carefully considered the structure of their letters along with different examples of persuasive language they could use. Their hard work has definitely payed off and I don’t think Mr Wonka could refuse!

We also worked together to design and create a Charlie and The Chocolate Factory themed door display and were very pleased with the end result!

Our book week came to a great end as we all received our Read Write Count bags. One of the books in the bag was an atlas, therefore the children enjoyed a tasting session of different types of bread from around the world.

Here are what some of the children thought about our book week;

Aiden – “I liked playing the guess the book game best. Sometimes I didn’t even need all three clues.”

Rebecca – “My favourite bread was the French brioche bread, it tasted sweet.”

Lexi – “I liked writing an acrostic poem about reading and getting to share it with everyone at assembly.”

Iona – “I liked getting to do a book personality quiz with my Dad at Biscuits and Blethers.”