Update from the P1 family

We have had a busy week as always in Primary 1! Busy but fun of course 🙂

We have focused on our number bonds of 5 this week in numeracy and can demonstrate how to make 5 in various ways such as: fingers, numicon, cubes etc.  We also continued to practice our number formation.

In Literacy we were learning our sounds “b” and “e”.  We also looked at comparing “b” and “p” as we tend to get ourselves confused with these two sounds!   We started worst boost this week and our storybook this week was called “Leo’s dream”.  The children really enjoyed not only learning our new word boost words; investigate, reply, celebrate and enormous but also loved the story itself and we managed to discuss emotions through this book also.  Please make sure you ask us what each of our word boost words mean or even ask us to mime the word :).  We got ourselves a little confused over celebrate starting with the “c” letter but makes a “s” sound so we learned that not all of our sounds follow the rules and our English language is actually a little confusing sometimes! 😮

In our topic Scottish Wildlife we looked at habitats this week and enjoyed drawing our favourite animal and it’s habitat.  We also made a line drawing

of a fox and managed to follow Miss Akram’s directions step by step to create this drawing 🙂 as we are focusing a lot this term on listening and attention skills.

What we have to say about our week of learning this week:

I liked doing our count to 100 song – Aaron R

I liked learning the numbers to 5 – Enily Kyle

I liked learning my sound “e” and “b” – Max Purdie

I know that 4 and 1 make 5 – Ross M

I learned that enormous means something very very big – Gabriels

I know that balloon starts with our b sound – Aaron S

I like our boost word “investigate” – Fraser

I know that investigate means to find out about something – Amy

Have a lovely weekend,

Miss Akram 🙂

(UNCRC – article 28:  I have the right to an education
article 29: I have the right to an education which develops my personality, respect for others’ rights and the environment)