P7 News

024

Last week, P7 watched and learned about Pablo Picasso and created their own Picasso Portraits. These are now hanging in our classroom and look fabulous!

Homework is changing slightly this year and the staff of Murrayfield need your help 🙂

P7 will be starting a new writing scheme called “Big Write,” on Tuesday 6th September. The children will play some vocabulary games and then do 45 minutes of silent writing. But….this is were you come in. We would like to ask you to talk about a set topic with their child, which they will write about during Big Write. I will be sending out their BIG TALK homework today, which will prepare your child for writing on Tuesday. BIG TALK homework will then go out every Friday for writing on a Tuesday. Have fun and don’t worry. The topics will always be fun, interesting and discussion worthy 🙂

Other Homework will be issued as follows:

Reading: Every group will have a set day their reading will go home and be sent back to school. Your child will keep you right with this.

Numeracy: Maths homework will be handed out on a Thursday to be returned for a Monday.

Topic: Topic homework will be sent home as a challenge and you will be given plenty time to prepare.

Thank you so much for the wonderful effort that was put in for the music presentations this week. I was truly blown away by the effort, facts and the standard of work I received. Keep It up P7’s!

One thought on “P7 News”

1. Salut P7,
    Love the look of your Picasso portraits. As you know a little bit about him and his work already, I bet you’ll be able to understand some of the information on this French website too. Bonne chance!