P2 Dinosaur Maths

P2 have been very busy this week learning to gather, display and interpret information related to our IDL context of Dinosaurs.

Success Criteria

• I can collect information
  • I can display information
  • I can interpret information

We discussed what question we wanted to ask, and how we could best gather the information.

We decided to find out what P2’s  favourite dinosaur is. We  thought that creating a Tally chart would be a good way to gather and display the information.

This is what we found –

We were then able to look at, and comment on the results.

In our Dino Discovery Teams, we were developing our research skills this week too.

As part of this, we began to learn about the size of different dinosaurs. We soon discovered that although some dinosaurs were quite small, some were huge! We were particularly interested in the length of them. We noticed that the lengths were given in metres, so we had a look at a metre stick that happened to be in the Maths area, and we used it very successfully to work out that a Stegosaurus would only just fit into our classroom!

We think we’ll have to find more metre sticks now, and go outside next week to measure the lengths of other longer dinosaurs!

One thought on “P2 Dinosaur Maths”

1. Primary 2 it’s great to see how you have applied your learning about Maths and Numeracy in s range of different ways through learning about dinosaurs. Can you tell me which is P2’s favourite type of dinosaur?