September School Newsletter

Dear Parent/Carer

When we left school for the holidays in June everything seemed in place for the start of the new school session, but we have begun the session with no P7 teacher. We are very pleased Miss Tuke has secured a permanent position as principal teacher in East Lothian but it has altered the planning we had in place for our upper primary children. However, we have been very fortunate to have Mr Clancy return to the school and he will work with Mrs Redmond to teach the P7 class until we have a new Acting PT in position. Despite this setback we have had a very good start to the new term and the children seem very settled in their new classes. The new Primary 1 children have already embraced the school routine for coming in with Miss Prior and Mrs Walker having lovely quiet classes to begin the day.

The children have been looking at the school aims, with each class taking an aim and looking closely at what it means for us in our school. They will present to each other at our assembly this week so everyone will be aware of what the aims mean to the children and staff and that these are the aims we will live and learn by.

I have high expectations of what I believe our children can achieve and having spent a lot of time in classes over the first few days I believe our children and staff have high aspirations of what they can achieve. I thought I would share a poem about always doing your best and if we all do our best then we can reach these aspirations we have!                                                                                                                                                                                                    Mary McKenzie

2017.08.27 Ist newsletter of 2017-18

2017.8.28 page 2 ist newsletter 2017 – 18