June Newsletter

Dear Parents / Carers,

Here we are approaching the end of another school year. We have had many highlights since the beginning of the session and it will conclude with the same excitement. From Nursery to P7 the children will have their own special memory to look back on. It could be their performance in the Nativity, the production of Alice, their Remarkable Reader Award or Stem Award, a Living the Values certificate or an achievement recognised through I – Achieve. It may even be the completion of an amazing piece of work, coming up with a theme for new learning, presenting at a conference or sharing learning at their class assembly. As a school our highlights have been many but a few are, sharing our digital learning with colleagues from across West Lothian, being recognised for our achievement in peer mediation from both out with and within West Lothian, the monies we have raised for various charities and the food the children collected for local food banks. The list could go on, but I think what is most important is that every child has tried their best in everything they have completed and these accolades help us to say that they do.

I would like to thank the members of the PSA for all their fund raising events this year; they have worked relentless to raise money for our playground and to improve the space for the children. The grand total is over £10,000, which is a massive achievement. The Pupil Council will take time to get feedback from all children about what they would like for the playground and feed this back to the PSA to move this forward in the new year.     I hope you have a safe and happy holiday.

Mary McKenzie

June newsletter final (1)