Morning Everyone!

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you had a lovely weekend and are now all well rested and refreshed.  The weather over the weekend was beautiful – I hope you had the chance to enjoy it at home.

The staff and I will send you information on things that come online simply as a means for you have the widest selection of choice for activities whilst at home. We don’t want to bombard you with information but neither do we want you to be struggling for ideas – so it’s about finding the balance and doing what’s right for you and your family.
Please don’t put yourself under pressure to get everything we suggest done. Prioritise yours and your child’s health and well being and when completing learning, focus on key areas such as Literacy and Numeracy and take it from there.  I would be advising lots of outdoor breaks too.
On that note, a couple of items came I last week that I thought you might find useful to engage your children at home.
The first of these is that this week is National Gardening Week. I have directed the pupils to the RHS website for ideas just as suggestions for things to do which will get them out in the fresh air – if that’s possible. Here is the link:

https://www.rhs.org.uk/get-involved/national-gardening-week/

There are other websites that have been refreshed and launched that also may prove useful. The first of these is the BBC bitesize page which you may already be aware of as it has been widely promoted over the weekend:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize

The second of these is a web page which West Lothian Council have been developing over the past few weeks. A team of practitioners have been working hard to put together a new page entitled ‘Inspired’ for our primary age children. This is a page which will set weekly challenges online so it’s another ‘go to’ page for you to have a look at. The is a glow blog page and it can be followed on Twitter. If you do complete any challenges and post anything on the Twitter feed remember to tag our school too! Here is the link:

https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/wl/stayinspired/

I would highly recommend having a look at all of these pages. Your child’s teacher may well be promoting them too!
The class teachers will also be working on your child’s annual school report in the coming weeks. More information on this will be communicated to you as and when I have it.
Thank you once again for all your help and support. It has been lovely to receive positive messages through the class Teams and school email account to let us know how you are getting on. Also, if you have a Twitter account and are happy to post snippets of what you are doing, you can tag the school twitter feed and that way we can see what many of you are up to.
We are ‘@St. Joseph’s RC Primary School’. The red and white school badge is our logo!
Keep letting us know how you are getting on and what you are all up to.
With kind regards to you and your families,

Mrs McEwan