Harrysmuir Primary Home Learning Hub

P2 RME – The story of Joseph

Well Primary 2 can you believe that it is the last week of term?😮😮 When I next see you, you will all be in Primary 3.  I hope you have a nice summer holiday with your families.

Last week we started to look at storied told to Jewish Children in their homes at family time.  Last week we looked at the story of Abraham and today we are going to look at the  start of the story of Joseph.  Some of you might know a little bit about Joseph.

Step 1:- Watch the video clip of Joseph and his coat. Talk to someone in your house about what happened.

Joseph’s father gave him a beautiful coat of bright colours because he loved him the most. That made his brothers angry and jealous.  The didn’t like Joseph.  That wasn’t very nice of his dad to make him the favourite and only give him something special.  I wouldn’t do that to my children!

Joseph had funny dreams and and in these dreams it seemed like he was going to rule over everyone else.  This made his brothers even more angry.They thought, “Who does he think he is?” They decided to do something terrible!

They threw him in a pit and gave the coat to their father so that he would think that Joseph was dead. In fact they sold him to passing traders, as a slave.  They weer very unkind to him.  I hope none of you are unkind to your brothers and sisters.

Step 2:-  Colour in the picture of Joseph in his bright coat, colour in the dreams and cut them out and stick them above his head.  Have fun!😊

Josephs-Dreams-Worksheets – P2