Harrysmuir Primary Home Learning Hub

RME P2/1 and P1- What makes us Happy?

Good morning! I hope you all enjoyed the beautiful sunshine we have been having! I love the sun and it has really been making me feel happy.  I hope it helps you to feel happy too!

Today we are going to be thinking about what makes people happy and what makes us happy.

Step1:-  watch the following video

One of the characters is happy and the other one is sad. How does the yellow character make the other one happy?

He does something to make him laugh, gives him an ice-cream and a hug.

Step 2:- Talk to someone in your home about this. What makes you happy? It might be watching your favourite film,reading, dancing or playing football.  I am happy when I am doing Zumba, eating cake(yummy!), reading books and listening to my favourite music.

Step 3:-  Now think about what people make us happy.  What do they say? What do they do ?

My friends and my family make me happy, oh, and my Zumba teachers! They might say something nice to me, do something nice for me or tell me a joke. They might hug me, make me laugh, chat to me, give me presents and take me out for dinner.

What about you?

Step 4:- Is there anyone you can think of who would choose you to make them feel happy?  I hope my best friend’s would choose me and my mum would definitely choose me.

Step 5:-  Look at the sheet below. Draw some things around the sunshine that make you happy and people who make you happy.  If you can’t print out the sheet, don’t worry! You can draw a sun in your jotter and draw pictures round about it.

t-c-2549317-what-makes-me-happy-activity-sheet