Primary 3 – 23/06/20 PM

Good afternoon everyone!

I hope you enjoyed the activities this  morning and are ready for some more 🙂

First stop – Literacy – Writing

Watch the Monsters Inc ride clip, it is a 360 degree experience so you can drag the screen to see all around you:

Take a double page in your jotter, and on the first page design your own monster. Think about what they look like and how they behave.  Are they kind, scary, fluffy, angry? Can you think of any other ways to describe them?

On the second page create a story where your monster is the main character.  What do they do? Do they have a problem?  How do they solve it?  Write your story in your jotter and draw a detailed picture to go with it.  Remember to use punctuation!

Next stop – IDL – Weather

Disney World is in Orlando, Florida in America.  Can you find it on a map?

Using the internet, find out what the weather is like in Orlando today. Is it sunny, cloudy or windy? What is the temperature?  Write this down in your jotter.

Compare the weather in Orlando with Whitburn.  What is the weather and temperature in Whitburn today? Is it hotter or colder? How many degrees hotter/colder is Orlando than Whitburn today?

Draw a picture of yourself in Orlando and another of yourself in Whitburn.  What will you wear in each picture?  Think carefully about how you dress for the weather!

Final stop – Art

Finally, if you would like to learn how to draw Minnie Mouse, then follow the directions on this video:

I hope you’ve had fun today.  Check the blog tomorrow for more Disney activities from Mrs Docherty.

This is my last day online before the holidays…. Thank you so  much to all the pupils and parents/carers for the comments and emails over the last few months.  It has been so great seeing your fabulous work!  You have worked so hard and we are very proud.

Have a lovely break over the holidays, stay safe and I look forward to seeing you in August.

Mrs Harding 🙂

2 thoughts on “Primary 3 – 23/06/20 PM”

1. J has written a story about a very hairy monster called Nomstreet. He is so hairy, his hair is in knots so J gave him Monster Bubbles to get the knots out in the shower and told him to use a blow dryer to dry himself after. He has also drawn a picture of his Monster.
    J then looked up the weather in Orlando and here in Whitburn and wrote a few sentences about it, he has also drawn pictures of himself in the two places. One with shorts and shades, the other with a jacket on.
    He finished off the afternoon with his picture of Minnie Mouse and coloured it in.

2. You have done all of the tasks – FANTASTIC!
    What a great imagination you have. I like that you created a problem and a solution for your story.
    It’s a miserable day so I know where I would rather be today… shorts and shades all the way!
    Mrs Harding