Primary 3 – 9/6/20 AM

Good morning everyone!

Maths – Position and Movement

This morning we are going to practise using grid references again to say where an object is.  (Here is the link from yesterday if you need a recap or missed it  https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zbtp34j/articles/z6hxrj6 )

Can you make your own grid and place items on it?  You could make it inside or outside.  You can place any items you have in your house.

Here is an example of one I made in my garden.  I put toys in mine!

Once you have made it, can you ask and answer questions about where items are located with someone in your house?

For example:

1. What is the grid reference for the ball?
  2. What is found at D3?

You can also have a go at Pirate Map Coordinates:

Literacy – Punctuation

BBC Bitesize has great daily lessons if you are looking for something different.

Have a go at this lesson on using exclamation marks – watch the video first, then complete the quiz and additional activities:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zmng9mn

Let me know how you get on!

Comment here or send me an email at:

wlpolkemmet-ps-primary3@westlothian.org.uk

Mrs Harding

2 thoughts on “Primary 3 – 9/6/20 AM”

1. This morning R watched the bitesize video on grid references. She then made her own grid on the living room floor and used some of her small toys to place on the grid. I then asked her questions about there positions, she then moved them about and asked me questions. R also completed the pirate map task.
    For literacy R watched the video on exclamation marks. She completed the associated activities getting 4 out of 4 on the questions.
    She then drew a lovely picture of the captain, the pirate and the parrot. I will email in pictures once we have completed this afternoon’s task.
    As it is Tuesday R also had her inline dance class and this week it was cheerleading

2. You will do brilliantly at cheer leading!
    Well done on a busy morning of work. Your work on coordinates / grid references sounds fun!
    I look forward to seeing photos later on.
    Mrs Harding