Primary 3 – 19/05/20 PM

Good afternoon!

Music

Our class topic this term was supposed to be Farming, so Mrs Keenan has planned some Music lessons linked to farming for you!

Click on the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXjt87urLOQ

How many animals are in the first song?

Try and song along with the song.

The second song is about things that can be done by animals, but only if you can tell a lie!

Join in with the third song Old MacDonald had a farm.

Maths/Art

Last week you did a 2D shape hunt.   Click into the presentation below.  What 2D shapes can you find in these paintings?  Look closely and list all the shapes you can see.

shape in art

This week I would like you to create a piece of art with 2D shapes so you can practise drawing the shapes. Be creative! You can create an abstract picture like the ones by Kandinsky, or you can make a picture of your choosing using 2D shapes.

Ask your parent/carer to send me a photo of your work as I would love to see them.

wlpolkemmet-ps-primary3@westlothian.org.uk

Have a creative afternoon!

Mrs Harding

4 thoughts on “Primary 3 – 19/05/20 PM”

1. J liked watching the videos this afternoon and taking part. He especially liked the Pigs Can Fly Video, as pigs are his favourite animal.
    He has drawn an Abstract Picture and coloured it in. Will send a photo.
    He has also been on his Trampoline for a good hour and set himself lots of Bouncing tasks, such as jumping from his feet to knees to bottom back to feet. Plenty of giggles.

2. R started her afternoon by listening to the songs on the link from Mrs Kennan. She lived singing along to Old McDonald’s Farm. She counted 7 animals in the first song.
    She also completed 60 more of the sumdog questions.
    For Health and Wellbeing – R completed a task from the last home learning grid. She wrote a list of skills she has learned since birth including, walking,talking, horse riding, using a knife and fork and how to brush her teeth. She had a nice long list and commas to separate the skills.
    She also completed a literacy task from the previous home learning sheet – R found out about the author Julia Donaldson and wrote up 5 facts in her jotter as well as draw a picture of the gruffalo.
    She has started to make a picture of 2d shapes but will finish this later

3. That sounds like a fun PE lesson!
    I look forward to seeing your picture 🙂
    Mrs Harding

4. That all sounds great.
    Julia Donaldson is also one of my favourite authors – we have been learning about the Gruffalo in my house! I can learn some more facts about her from your research 🙂