Meldrum Primary School Blog

P5 visit to Lime Kiln

As part of out Food and Health topic, Primary 5 visited the Lime Kiln restaurant on Wednesday. We had a tour of the kitchen, created our own salads, decorated biscuits and had a delicious lunch.

Primary 5 asked the chef and manager loads of great questions, here are some of the many things we found out:

‘I learned that different coloured chopping boards are used for different foods.’ – Luke M

‘I learned that the meat has to go at the bottom of the fridge because if it is at the top it might drip onto other foods.’ – Scott

‘I learned that the freezer is minus 18 degrees. We couldn’t stay in there for very long.’ – Abbey

‘I learned that they have up to 6 chefs when they are busy.’ – Shane

‘I discovered I like olive oil on salad.’ – Samuel

Thank you to all the staff at the Lime Kiln for an informative, fun and tasty visit!

IMG_0281 IMG_0284 IMG_0287 IMG_0292 IMG_0293 IMG_0296 IMG_0302 IMG_0305 IMG_0306 IMG_0307 IMG_0309 IMG_0310 IMG_0311 IMG_0312