Primary 6 Rainforest Acrostics

Primary 6 have written more great poems on the rainforest. This times we wrote acrostic poems spelling out ‘The Rainforest’.

T- There was a spiky flower that stung my leg as I walked along the forest flower, it stunk. I read in a book that it’s called a rafflesia.

H- Horrid nettles stung my arms and with fear I looked up above my head and I could hear a beautiful macaw soaring through the sky.

E- East, South, North and West my compass said. I looked around with fear when suddenly something bit my ear. It was a horrid spider, I shook with fear.

R- ‘Roar’ said the lion as it flew past me. I shouted with glee it’s orange fur was as bright as the golden sun, it was very fun.

A- As I walk through the rainforest I saw a beautiful butterfly flutter past me. It was orange, green and red it landed on my head.

I- In a corner I saw a snake it was yellow and red hanging above my head.

N- Now it was silent but not for long as a very loud gorilla ran along.

F- Further away I saw an enormous elephant walk through the jungle, it was a lovely sight.

O- On a leaf I saw a little lady bug, it was bright red and I think it was dead.

R- Rattle snakes slither past me as I sang with glee I suddenly stopped to let it pass me.

E- East I was walking and then I saw another marvellous macaw fly past me.

S- Suddenly a large lake splashed me and I was as wet as a fish in the sea.

T- Then I stopped, it was the end of my marvellous trip I shouted with glee it was finally me!

BY ABBY KNOTT

TIGER

T- Trudging through the rainforest were four big paws. Each armed with sharp and spiky claws.

H- Humidity was reaching twice the normal and fear was burning all the nearby life.

E- Elephants run into hiding spots. Trees shake as the monkeys swing away.

R- Red hot eyes like burning cities and pumas as black as mist.

A- An ocelote facing the other way stands watching the waterfall suddenly flashing white fangs tear into it’s neck.

I- In the upper layers the birds stop singing. The leaves crinkle back in horror.

N- Nostrils flaring like jet engines. Ears twiching like flapping bird wings.

F- Fog changes direction when it’s gaping jaws open.

O- Orange fur blazes in the sun and the black stripes streak across the body of the walking bullet.

R- Rouge tailed, it races through the trees stopping by the rocks of a cliff. Brazing it’s paws and tilting it’s head.

E- Echoing it’s roar across the forest ripping through the trees.

S- So now everyone knows it’s the king of the jungle as it stands on the top of the cliff.

T- The tiger is here and he’s hunting for blood.

BY CONNOR MARSHALL

10 thoughts on “Primary 6 Rainforest Acrostics”

1. WOW I LOVE YOUR PROJEKT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!