Dechmont Infant School Blog

Friday 22nd May – Mental Health Awareness Week

Hello Everyone,

I hope you have all had a  great week. I have had a lovely time on my days off spending time going for walks and exploring nature with my little girl. Yesterday we saved a bee we found lying in the middle of the path. We found a flower and lay it next to it so it could get some energy. After having it’s head stuck in the petals for a while it actually  flew off! This was our act of kindness to nature.

As you know this week is Mental Health Awareness week and the theme this year is kindness. So today we are looking at being kind. We are taking a break from writing instructions this week to do some kindness writing. Mrs Keenan has also sent you a kindness diary so you can log a week of kind things that you do for other people in your house or to help out and some mindfulness activities. You can also choose one or more of the random acts of kindness from HERE 

Grown-ups check out the website HERE for loads of ideas and support for dealing with things that might affect mental health during lockdown and the coronavirus pandemic. Hopefully you won’t need it but just in case there may be some helpful tips or advice. I will definitely be reading the ‘parenting during the coronavirus outbreak’ article.

Missing you all loads!

Love Mrs Short 😀

Dechmont Health and Wellbeing for Primary 1 to 3

Kindness writing

Kindness-Diary-Worksheet