Home Learning 22.06.20

Good Morning boys and girls 🙂

It’s the last week of Primary 2 and I can’t believe we are here already! Welcome to your final 3 days of distance learning before a very well deserved break for you all (grown ups too!). School officially closes at 1pm on Wednesday. Our blog will stay live throughout the summer in case there are any activities you would like to have a go at.

I couldn’t let the summer holidays start without seeing you all again so the Primary 1 teachers and I are hoping to visit our boys and girls on Thursday this week to say a wee hello. I can’t wait to see all of your happy faces 🙂

This week is a chance for the children to reflect back on their time in P2, looking back on all the good times we have had and celebrating what has been an amazing year (even if it ended slightly differently). It is also a chance for them to think ahead to P3. Our last week would be filled with fun activities so I have listed some different tasks below. Any activity sheets can be printed and completed or completed on paper.

Summer Holiday Crossword

Summer Wordsearch

Ice Lolly Recipes

Summer Mindfulness Colouring Sheets

Summer Activity Booklet

Summer Addition and Subtraction

My memories from this year

code breaking

for my new teacher

End of Year Booklet

The boys and girls may want to complete this or make something similar for their new teacher next year and bring them to school.

For my new teacher

Enterprise

A fun idea to involve all of the family could be to plan an end of term celebratory party combining a variety of skills such as literacy, numeracy, art and HWB🥳🥳

• Start by drawing up a plan. Talk with grown ups/siblings about what you might be able  to do at home. Think about all of the different components to make it the best party ever!
  • When will your party be?   (Possibly Wednesday as it’s the last day)
  • What time will your party be at?
  • How will you decorate your party? (Bunting, balloons) Can you make your own decorations like bunting and pictures?
  • What food and drink would you like at your party ?   
  • Will it be indoors or a garden party? 
  • What do you need to do?  (make a to do list?)
  • Do you need to bake? (write a shopping list with your grown ups, organise ingredients etc)
  • Make a cake following a recipe with your grown up.
  • Are you going to play any games at your party? Which games and what equipment do you need?
  • Are you going to do a performance at your party? You could sing, dance or use your talent for last week to entertain your family.

On the day of your party, make sure you have followed your plan and have everything organised. Set up the party and get everything ready.

Then it’s time to have fun and celebrate the end of a wonderful (but challenging) year🥳

I will check in with you again for the final time on Wednesday! Have a great final week. You’re  nearly there⭐️

Miss Laidlaw🌈

3 thoughts on “Home Learning 22.06.20

1. Good Morning,
    I am just going to be dropping by the doors to leave a little something for the boys and girls. Obviously, it would be lovely to say hello to everyone but please don’t hang about or worry about being home if you have plans as I can pop it through the letter box 🙂 Unfortunately, I can’t really be specific time-wise as we will be popping around a lot of doors – we’ve got our walking shoes at the ready! x

2. Hi Miss Laidlaw, you mention visiting the kids on Thursday- do you mean Hub kids or coming to our houses? You’re very welcome to visit, I just wasnt sure what you meant. We would want to be home if you were popping by. Thanks!