Homework due 1st November

Happy Monday Room 13!

With STEM projects needing to be finished this week, there is only two pieces of homework for this week.

All groups please read to the end of your book and write a short review.  This should be about 7 – 8 sentences.  You are welcome to summarise the key events in the story and then add your opinion at the end, or you can simply write a review by itself.  Please focus on using interesting vocabulary to put across your opinion of the book.

Spelling words will be copied into your homework jotter during class.

Only one task for spelling this week:  Please write out a sentence for each spelling word.  Make sure these are not simple sentences (I will give examples of what I am looking for in class).  Please also underline each spelling word, so I know you have used all of them.

Busy week ahead with Halloween and final preparations for STEM.

Let’s have a great week.

Miss M 🙂

Homework Due Friday 25th October

With our STEM projects at Stonelaw approaching quickly, our focus for this week will be on the presentation portion of the project.

Presentation prep questions

STEM (Due Friday)

Please complete the ‘Presentation Prep Questions’ sheet which has been handed out in class.  Remember one or two word answers will not interest the judges.  However, long paragraphs will make you run over your time limit.  Short but informative answers!

A copy of the questions and answer sheet can be found at the top of the blog, in case you would rather type and print your answers.

STEM (Due Monday)

The question and answer sheets will be given back to you on Friday afternoon.  Take these home and try to start memorising your answers.  We will be practising our presentations and Q’n’A sessions next week.

Suns – Please read to the end of page 34

Planets – Please read to the end of page 31

Stars – Please read to the end of page 33

Please also have a parent of guardian write a comment in your homework jotter to confirm this has been completed.

Write each word out three times (neatest handwriting).

Rainbow OR Pyramid writing for each word too.

Lovely to see you all back in class today 🙂

Miss M 🙂

Welcome Back (reminders!)

Welcome back Room 13!

I can’t believe how quickly the October holidays have come and gone but I hope you have all had an amazing week off.  I can’t wait to hear all about what you’ve got up to!

Just a couple of reminders for this week:

1. Individual and sibling photos will be taken tomorrow.  I haven’t been given specific times for these, but please make sure you are looking your best for these!

2. Christmas IQ order forms AND money MUST be handed in this week.  The orders are being sent away this week so please ensure if you are wanting to order some, you get these in to me ASAP.

3.  PE days have now officially changed and we will have PE on Thursdays and Fridays.  Same as before, please make sure you have full PE kit with you on both days.

Looking forward to seeing all your smiley faces back tomorrow, I’m sure you all can’t wait to be back 😛

See you tomorrow!

Miss M 🙂

Happy Holidays!

Image result for october clipart

Room 13… thank you for your hard word over the last few weeks.

It was lovely to finish off the week with a full day of STEM on Friday.  Your models are looking great!

Parents / guardians, thank you for taking the time to come along to parents evening.  It was lovely to see so many of you and have such positive feedback about how you think the pupil’s are settling in to class.

You all deserve some well deserved time off!

Have a fantastic October week and I can’t wait to hear about what you all get up to, when we get back.

Enjoy!

Miss M 😀

Homework due Friday 11th October

Happy Monday Room 13!

One more week to go before the October holidays!

Only two pieces of homework this week and NO spelling test on Friday because you have all worked so hard over the last couple of week, you deserve one week off!

Reading Homework – Please read the next FULL chapter of your book and write a brief SUMMARY of that chapter.  This does not need to be long, 2-3 sentences would be great.

STEM – I would like each of you to create an ’10 Amazing Facts About Energy’ information sheet.  If possible, I would love this to be done as a Word Document and printed out.  I will hand out an exemplar in class so you know what is expected.  This can be done in colour or black/white and I would love bold headings, a clear list of 10 facts and some pictures too.

If you cannot print at home, but you can put it on a USB, please bring this to class and I will print it off for you.

If you cannot print at home or bring in on a USB stick, I am happy for you to complete this on a sheet of A4 paper.  However, please make sure this is done in your neatest handwriting as I would like these to look fantastic for your STEM project (remember the judges will be looking at these!)

The information on the sheet should NOT focus on different types of energy, as we have already completed this task.  I would like facts about where energy is most commonly used, which type of energy has been around for the longest period of time, new types of energy, etc…

Your energy fact sheets, which you made in class look excellent, so I am expecting the exact same effort and presentation for these information sheets!

**************************************************************************

Busy week ahead before we stop for the holidays and I am looking forward to seeing everyone’s parents/guardians on Thursday for parents night!

Let’s have a great week everyone!

Miss M 🙂