It’s Way Too Cool!

The title of this post comes from one of the pupils when he was watching the eclipse through the special sunglasses.

The video of the eclipse as seen from Fetlar is available here:

We didn’t think we were going to see much this morning as it was quite drizzly, but around 8:45am the rain stopped and it began to brighten. We took the telescope outside but we couldn’t get it to project clearly so we used the special glasses. The clouds kept passing over the eclipse but we were able to see quite a lot of it. The video, which was taken using the glasses as a filter, shows the best bits. It is a bit wobbly though. We won’t apologise for the enthusiastic cries of the pupils!

Special thanks to Janet (our regular helper and adviser on all things to do with Space) for coming up to the school to help us see it.

As this is a new website I am not certain if viewers can post comments. Please try to. I think I have altered the settings!!

5 Replies to “It’s Way Too Cool!”

1. What a great video it really captures the excitement of the moment! We managed to see glimpses of the eclipse through the cloud and were all excited too!

Ms Breyley, Burravoe School

2. Well done Fetlar Primary School staff and pupils – thank you for sharing this. I really enjoyed watching your fantastic video of the eclipse and hearing your excited voices. I am a Support Assistant in a primary school in central Scotland and like you we had a bit of cloud this morning too. Some of our pupils were surprised by how still and quiet it became.

3. Wow! You were all very organised with your special glasses to watch the eclipse. We watched it through a welding glass as it peeped through the clouds! We felt very lucky that the clouds parted enough to show us the eclipse.

Your new website is fantastic too. Hopefully once our internet is working again, we’ll be able to look at it properly in school and see all your videos.

Happy Easter! 🙂