kergord Out Door Activity Day

Yesterday we had to come to school on time for Pete. Pete is the man who is going to be leading us through the forest; he came at 9:45. When he came he set out oil skin jackets and oil skin trousers. We had to have three layers of clothes on then we set off for Kergord
When we got there we went through a big grassy bit with lots of flowers called celandine I felt very chilled. We went over a fence and over a stream then we went into a huge forest once we were in the forest we had to sit down and wait for the others. Then we had to listen to all the things that we could hear around us like the trees and the birds. I found this enjoyable because I was somewhere where I was free and could listen to the wildlife.
After we had to follow like a snake, where the head goes the tail goes. We came to a medium sized tree, we had to climb it.

There was a branch in the way, we had a choice we could go under it or over it. Most people went under but on the second go we all went over it. When I was going over I felt a bit unsafe and a bit scared that I might fall, but I made it.
We went over a tree that had fallen down. After that went over a rope that was barley of the off the ground it had a rope above to hold on to. After allot of walking we had a rest. We had to lie down and breathe for three minutes while we were listening we dug our feet into the ground dug our feet into the ground because it was really boring. However I felt good and really rested after a minute. Then we walked to a camp and had break.
Then we walked down from the camp and we got split up into groups to make huts. The groups were Nicol, Stephanie, Erin and Emma then team 2 was Loui-bo, Lewis, Nicola and Jason. We went off and made huts it was really fun Erin made a suicidal route. Stephanie fell in a hole of stick and she named it the R.I.P hole. Next to the hole was a flask, which Erin found.
We made a hut from a fallen down tree and it had a sticks for the floor and grass and leaves over the top for a carpet. After an hour or so we went back to the camp, when we got back the fire was going and we had our lunch. We argued about all our forts we said we had the U.S.A army at call. Then we had to say good things when we went to see the forts they were both brilliant.

Then we played a game called “The Best Game In The World” so one person had to stand and count to 20 but they can’t move so if they find someone then they count down from 15 then you have to get closer then count from 10 then 5 the closest person wins. Then we had to go down the forest in pairs, then after we had gone over the fence we had to share the best 10 second of the day then we got in the mini bus and went back to the school.

By Nicol