Please click the link to view our most recent School Improvement Plan:
Our key priorities this year will be:
1. Raising children’s attainment and achievement in Literacy, with a focus on writing.
- To improve children’s literacy skills within the Early Years Centre.
- To ensure there is a continued focus on children’s reading skills within Maidens and Fisherton Primary Schools in order to raise attainment and inspire young writers.
- To implement the South Ayrshire Council Literacy Strategy and Skills Progression Framework.
- To improve children’s writing skills within Maidens and Fisherton Primary Schools in order to raise attainment and become creative and purposeful writers.
- To use digital technologies to highlight current affairs in the local area, nationally and internationally to provide opportunities for children to write factually and critically.
2. Raising children’s attainment and achievement in Maths, with a focus on improving professional learning.
- To improve children’s numeracy skills within the Early Years Centre.
- To ensure all children benefit from high quality learning and teaching in order to raise attainment.
- To ensure robust assessment in numeracy in order to support and challenge children and to raise attainment.
- To regularly provide opportunities for numeracy learning in the outdoors in order to motivate and engage learners.
- To ensure children are given opportunity to apply skills in all numeracy lessons.
- To continue to effectively use interventions to raise attainment in numeracy.
3. Meet children’s needs by further implementing the GIRFEC agenda.
- To focus on self-regulation through Mindfulness and develop a growth mind-set in staff, parents and children. In order to support pupils with strategies that they can use independently to maintain positive mental health.
- Provide Nurture sessions or LIAM sessions to pupils identified as benefitting from these.
- To track children’s attributes and capabilities in the Broad General Education with a particular focus on wider achievements.
- Increase home school communication channels due to the COVID measures preventing face to face contact.
- To use Ice Pack: Knowing Me Knowing You 2 to reconnect, reflect and rebuild to support COVID recovery.
- Provide Music Therapy to pupils identified as having limited wider experiences or are identified through ACES criteria.