At St. Peter’s we aim to offer the highest quality of service to you. We will seek to develop and broaden the range of children’s learning experiences to help them become confident, eager and enthusiastic learners who are looking forward to school. Through the national wellbeing indicators, outlined in Getting It Right for Every Child, we aim to provide a:
- Safe, secure, attractive and stimulating environment with well trained staff, who ensure our children are protected and free from harm.
- Healthy nursery, where careful consideration is given to the snacks we provide, ensuring a balanced diet, and with daily practice on hand washing and tooth brushing.
- Active nursery with an emphasis on outdoor learning, keep fit activities and the use of the school gym.
- Nurturing environment where children are talked to, respected, responded to, played with and cuddled, so that they grow in confidence and wellbeing.
- Achieving nursery, where children develop literacy and numeracy skills as well as scientific observations, expressive arts and social studies. We ensure progress is made through continual observations and planning of next steps.
- Responsible, respectful environment where children are welcoming, mannerly and polite.
- Inclusive nursery that reflects the Council’s equal opportunities policies and is anti-racist, anti-sexist, multicultural and recognises the rights of both men and women who work and care for children. Our nursery takes account and supports children with special needs, disabilities and chronic illnesses.