STEM DYW

Find here links and resources to support young learners with developing skills and an understanding and awareness of STEM careers 

Online careers information event for Highlands and Islands ...

• Skills Development Scotland (SDS) Meta Skills Progression Framework

This progression framework has been developed in partnership with practitioners from all over Scotland and uses meta-skills illustrations outlined in ‘Skills 4.0 – A skills model to drive Scotland’s future’.

It’s purpose is to illustrate and exemplify what meta-skills look like, feel like and sound like at each CfE level and so to support practitioners planning.

Within each of the tables there are examples of what the development of each of the meta-skills may look like for learners across from early years through to senior phase. The examples given are not exhaustive and are provided as a starting point to support understanding.

Meta-skills Progression Framework

My World of Work | Skills Development Scotland

• My World of Work  primary teacher how to guides

Us these guides to help start discussions with your class about the world of work. For primary teachers, we’ve developed a set of resources for you and your pupils.

They’re simple to use and will help you bring careers into your lessons.

My World of Work Resources for Primary

west-partnership-logo

West OS P7-S1 Transistion Resources

Looking for resources to enhance the transitions from P7 to S1?

West OS has a curricular package with films and tasks, underpinned by the DYW I can statements. Explore their resources and calendar that can be used straight away in the classroom.