Parent Council Members
Chairperson: Gabriela Francescoli
Vice Chair Person: Vacant at the moment.
Treasurer: Lindsay Kerr Secretary: Katie Hall
Members: Ashley Boal, Cara Fisher-Gentle, Caroline Smith, Cheryl Gillespie, Eileen Connolly, Jennifer Lang, Laura McAllister, Lauren Rozenek, Marion O’Toole, Michelle McGarry O’Leary, Nicola Murray, and Sandra Hepburn.
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Council Information
Please find attached Chair Report letter. > Chair Report 21-22
By law schools have a duty to promote parents’ involvement in children’s education. Parents are welcomed to be;
- involved with their child’s education and learning.
- be active participants in the life of the school, and
- express their views on school education generally and work in partnership with their children’s schools.
Every parent who has a child at our school is a member of the Parent Forum. The Parent Council is a group of parents chosen to represent the Parent Forum. As a member of the Parent Forum, each parent can expect to:
- receive information about the school and its activities.
- hear about what partnership with parent’s means in our school.
- be invited to be involved in ways and times that suit you.
- identify issues you want the parent council to work on with the school.
- be asked your opinion by the parent council on issues relating to the school and the education it provides.
- work in partnership with staff, and
- enjoy taking part in the life of the school in whatever way possible.
The types of things the parent council may get involved in include;
- supporting the work of the school.
- gathering and representing parents’ views to the Head Teacher, Education Authority and Education Scotland.
- promoting contact between the school, parents, pupils, and the local community.
- organising events.
- reporting to the parent forum, and
- being involved in the appointment of senior promoted staff.
For more information on parental involvement or to find out about parents as partners in their children’s learning, please contact the school or visit the Parentzone website at www.parentzonescotland.gov.uk.