Week Beginning 11/09/2017

Good Afternoon,

I hope you all had a pleasant and restful weekend. Please find details of this week below:

This week is Scottish Maths Week! Therefore, the children won’t be receiving any spelling or reading homework. Instead, I have issued them a maths bingo homework sheet. The children can do as few or as many of the bingo tasks as they wish. However, we will still be enjoying stories, ERIC time and Read & Munch (Friday) in school. Word walls will also be updated for next week alongside new reading books. But for this week, we’re focussing on maths!

By now all the children will have their SumDog username and passwords glued into the front of their homework diaries. Please try to log on to this at home to allow your child to practice their maths as part of their homework (there is also an iOS app for ipad/iphone).

On Wednesday 13th September we plan to walk to the coop.  The pupils are allowed to bring £1 to spend if they wish.  We will also be recording some prices and working with a partner to note down different items and prices in the shop.  We are looking for 2 adult helpers to join us if possible.  We will be going between 13:15 and 14:15.  If you think you can help please pop a note in the bag or diary tonight and I will get back to you as soon as possible with arrangements. Thank you in advance.

Pupils were given a brown envelope on Thursday containing letters. Please ensure these are returned as one of them is the local walking permission that we need for Wednesday.  Please don’t hesitate to contact me if there are any problems.

This morning the children enjoyed mixing art and maths with Kandinsky circles, inspired by the seasons of the year. This is for a school wide competition and a winner will be chosen from each stage in the school. They are looking absolutely brilliant!

Have a lovely rest of the week, and thank you for your continued support.

Miss Bachell