Wk Beg 15.01.18

Good evening,

I hope you have all enjoyed your weekend and a little of the dry weather!

Below is a round up of this week’s homework as well as class news.

Reading: New reading books will be issued this week. Read and munch with P6G continues this term – this takes place on a Friday. I know Primary 6 are enjoying reading with us and it’s a pleasure to see everyone discussing their books.

Spelling: Our sound this week is a_e as in cake, bake and shake. After we have had our initial teaching time I will post some optional games to play at home as this sound can be tricky.

Maths: We are learning to count in 2s, 5s and 10s and are also learning to add on 2,5 or 10 to a given number. Homework this week will be a pattern sheet following the number patterns listed above.

Scottish Poem: Lots of you have already begun to learn your Scots poems. I will begin to hear these poems in class wk beg 22 Jan. Please let me know this week if your child is choosing to recite a poem that is not on the provided list so I can make a note of their choice.

Technology: Thank you so much for all of your shoeboxes! We will start our car project very soon and I look forward to hearing the childrens ideas, seeing their designs and helping them to build their cars.

As always thank you for your support and I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

Miss Cauley