P2B Week Beginning 2nd October

Good Morning,

Here is information regarding homework and news for this week.

Homework

This week’s sound is ‘ar’ as in ‘car’ or ‘star’

Children were issued new reading books last week. In class we discussed a new reading strategy for if the children are unsure of a word. It is called ‘sharp eye’, where the children look at the pictures to help them decode a word. We will cover a new strategy each week and the children will be given a small card reminding them of their strategies.

Please continue to practise the wordwalls. I will be checking these this week and new wordwalls, if needed, will be handed out next week.

This week the children will be issued the next part of the number formation homework. This can be done for Friday with the spelling homework or next week.

Amazonia

We have our Amazonia trip on Thursday.  We will leave school at 9:15 and return at 2:30.  Children should bring a packed lunch and wear school uniform.  If you have volunteered to be a helper I have put a note into the diary  to let you know if you are needed.  Thank you to all those who volunteered.  Can I please also remind you that the trip is costing £10 per child and we would ask for this money to be sent in as soon as possible.  Thank you for your cooperation with this.

Parent’s Night

You should have all received your parent’s night times and I look forward to meeting you all next week.

Have a lovely rest of the week.

Miss Bachell