P1M – Evaluating Dips

3783250673_6d356426f1_bToday, P1M started a new food technology topic. This term, we will be learning all about different kinds of dips and dippers and testing some out. We will try to explain what we like, or dislike, about them.

The first lesson involved trying 4 different dips: hummus, guacamole, salsa and sour cream and chive. I was very impressed at how many of you tried all of the dips, especially when you were not too sure about them! Well done for having a try! As we discussed in class, you can’t really say you don’t like something if you’ve never tried it!

Unfortunately we were so busy trying our dips that I forgot to take any photos. However, here are some of the things you said about the different dips:

“This one is yummy!”

“I tried it even though it looked weird.”

“I liked that one but I wasn’t sure before!”

“It’s nice, it makes your tongue go all burny.”

“I liked it cause it smells nice.”

“I got it without any green bits!”

“Sour cream is my favourite! I want to use all my breadsticks for it.”

“My tummy is all happy.”

“I liked the fancy tomato sauce.”

At the end of the lesson we voted on which was our favourite. Miss Mackay is going to use that information in class to create a graph. The least favourite was guacamole (which is my favourite, it’s so yummy!) and the one with the most votes was salsa.

I hope you enjoyed telling everyone at home about all the delicious dips you tried today and will give them another try if you get the chance. Next week we will be trying out different kinds of dippers and seeing if we can describe them.