Happy New Year!

Hi everyone

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Just wanted to start by saying a huge thank you for all of my lovely gifts and cards, it was very much appreciated!

We are now back into normal routine and I am looking forward to watching the children progress in their learning throughout the term.

Thank you for returning gym bags but we are still waiting for a few children to return these to school. Can I please remind you that our gym days are on a Wednesday and Friday.

We have started our new mini topic, Scotland and all children are allowed to bring in anything Scottish related to class to share with their friends.

The children have been desperate to share their class teddy, Star with you at home. All children will therefore have the opportunity over the next few weeks to take Star home for a sleepover. Some children have asked  if they can write a diary or take pictures with Star to share the next day in class. I am allowing this but I must make clear is not a requirement. I am allowing Star to go home for enjoyment purposes.

HOMEWORK w/b 9.1.17

P1

Reading and wordwall. No new sounds.

All children should choose one poem from the sheet to learn and be ready to recite to the class on Monday 25th January. More details have been posted on a previous post.

P2

Reading

Spelling (common words) Spelling homework is changing slightly and the new insert explaining what to do each night has been stuck into the front of spelling jotters.  The main difference is that instead of choosing new words with the same sound, pupils can now choose from a spelling grid of active spelling activities (grid on the back cover of spelling jotter.) One activity should be completed each week and pupils can tick when they have completed it.

Wordwall (out on Tuesday)

Maths – Money worksheet (out on Tuesday)

Scots Poem – P2 poem sheets will be handed out on Tuesday. Pupils should choose one poem to learn and be ready to recite to the class on Monday 25th January.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

I hope you have a lovely week.

Miss Cruickshank