P5 – Brazil – Mapping Task

Image result for brazil flag

This week we will be using our skills in mapping to identify and locate the main cities, important areas of interest, relevant rivers, oceans and the bordering countries of Brazil.

Our learning outcome for this task is:  I can successfully use a map to locate specific places and show these on a blank map.

To extend my mental map and sense of place, I can interpret information from different types of maps and am beginning to locate key features within Scotland, UK, Europe or the wider world.SOC 2-14a

The skills we are focusing on today are:

Skills for Learning:Application: I can select specific information from a map and display this correctly on a blank map, showing my understanding of countries within the wider world.

Skill for WorkSelf-direction: I can remain on task and work collaboratively with my group members to complete a task in an allocated time.

Use the links below, and a class atlas, to find the required locations within Brazil. Please read your task sheet carefully, and work closely with your group members, to  ensure you locate as many of these places as possible within the allocated time.

Google Maps

Map of the World – Brazil

Brazil

You have ONE HOUR in the IT Suite to complete your research. You will also have ONE HOUR in class to complete the second part of the task. Please use your time wisely.