P2 Homework w/b 31.10.16

Hi P2

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend and enjoyed all of your Halloween parties that you were  telling me about.

KEY INFORMATION FOR THIS WEEK:

Halloween Party

We will be having a small Halloween party on Monday afternoon. Could all children please come to school wearing their school uniform and bring their costume in a bag to change into after lunch. If your child prefers not to wear a costume they can just wear party clothes. All children will go home wearing their costumes unless you let me know otherwise.

Library

We will be visiting the library again shortly to return our books and choose new ones. Once the date is finalised, I will let you know.

HOMEWORK

All P2 homework will now be issued on a Monday and will be due on the Friday. This is to allow more flexibility at home to tie in with extra curricular activities and family commitments.

Please note however that the day in which reading books are sent home may vary!

I will also be encouraging the children to begin to become more independent and take responsibility for organising the content of their book bags. This means that I will not be checking the book bags on a daily basis for notes or letters and instead will encourage all children to hand me anything that is meant for my attention. To help with this, please let your child know if there is anything in their book bags that they need to give to me.

Please also note that all homework will now be marked on a Friday!

Homework for this week:

Spelling : Common Words.

Instead of coming up with new words this week, try one of the active spelling activities from the sheet that I am sending home tomorrow. (Please note that this sheet contains some ideas to help support children when learning and practising their spelling words. Please use it throughout the year as you wish.)

I will also  be sending home a blank ‘spelling wall’ this week which children can use at home and in school to build up a bank of words that they need to practise.

Reading– We are continuing to read non-fiction books this week and all new texts will be sent home on Tuesday! Please assist your child with any tricky words and talk about the different features of the text (e.g. photographs, captions, subtitles, contents etc.)

Maths – Days of the Week cut and stick sheet.

Wordwalls – New wordwalls will be sent home on Tuesday. Please focus only on the words that are dotted. You may tick the dotted words when your child can read the word without having to sound it out. I will only highlight the word in green when I know that your child is fully confident in reading a word.

Read and Munch – Our Read and Munch Day this term will continue to be on a Thursday. Please allow children to bring a text of their choice into school to read for their enjoyment and also a healthy snack (fruit or vegetable) that they can eat whilst reading on this day.

Personal Talk –As part of our new Toys Topic, P2 pupils will be asked to give a small talk to the class about their favourite toys.  Letters with  more detail will be given out on Monday.

Trip –Our school trip to Scotland Street Museum is on the 8th of November.  If you haven’t returned the letter for permission please do so as soon as possible.  Thank you.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or queries.

Miss Cruickshank