P1 Homework w/b 31.10.16

Hi

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend and have enjoyed all of the kids Halloween parties that I was hearing about in class.

Here is some key information for the week ahead:

HALLOWEEN PARTY

We will be having a small Halloween party on Monday afternoon. Could all children please come to school wearing their school uniform and bring their costume in a bag to change into after lunch. If your child prefers not to wear a costume they can just wear party clothes. All children will go home wearing their costumes unless you let me know otherwise.

TRIP

All P1 pupils will be joining P1F and visiting Scotland Street School on Tuesday. Mrs Ferguson will be in charge of the children for this trip. Children will be leaving school about 12 o’clock and will be back for home time. Please remember to send your child in with a packed lunch. I will organise school lunches the children who have chosen this option. If you have not already sent in your permission slip for this trip, please send in no later than tomorrow!

LIBRARY

We will be visiting the library again shortly to return our books and choose new ones. Once the date is finalised, I will let you know.

READ AND MUNCH

Please note that our Read and Munch day will continue to be on a Thursday. Please send any text into school for children to read for enjoyment and a healthy snack (fruit or vegetable) that they can eat whilst reading on this day.

Here is the P1 homework for this week:

Reading – 2 books that will be swapped on Wednesday.

No new sounds – Please revise all sounds to date. Continue to create words using these sounds and encourage children to blend the sounds together to read the words.

Wordwall – Please practise the dotted words every night. If your child can say the word fluently, without hesitating or having to sound it out, then it can get a tick. After 3 ticks, you no longer have to focus on that word. I will only highlight the words in green when I can see that your child is fully confident in reading the word. Please also ensure that you are asking the words in a different order every time to stop children from just memorising them.

Maths Challenges – Please feel free to complete the relevant activity on any day of the week that suits you best.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or queries.

Miss Cruickshank