Good evening everyone. I hope you have all been having a fabulous weekend after the busy week we have had. Well done to you all for the hard work you have done. Here is your homework and some reminders for the coming week.
Spelling: In your homework jotter you should complete either list tch or list er. Please remember to include the date and a title (this should be the spelling rule you are learning). You should write out each word 3 times, neatly in your jotter and complete a Creative Spelling Activities with ALL of your words. Please record which activity you have chosen, this should be different from last week. This task should be returned to school for Thursday.
Book Detectives: Read chapters 11-14 (inclusive) of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Once you have completed your reading you should summarise what you have read. Next choose your favourite part and draw a detailed picture. Be ready to explain your illustration to your group members. Please remember to choose a short paragraph that you enjoyed to read aloud to your group.
This task should be completed in your Book Detectives jotter for Wednesday 7th September. Please remember to read your feedback from last week to help you with your next steps.
Maths: I have set up 3 challenges on Mangahigh for you to complete. Please play each of the games and try to achieve the highest medal you can. If you are unable to access Mangahigh at home, you may use the IT Suite for 15 minutes at the start of lunchtime. This task is due for Friday. I will issue logins and passwords for Mangahigh on Monday.
Please continue to practise your tables as often as you can as we will be continuing our table challenge in class.
Topic: On Monday you will be issued with your Personal Project task sheet. This is a long-term project linked to our Scottish Wars of Independence topic that you will work on at home. You will have 4 weeks to complete your project. We will go over the details on Monday in class.
The task sheet will also be posted on the blog.
- P.E. will be on Tuesday and Friday. Please ensure you have a full kit with you.
- Last week you were issued with your data check form. This should be returned to school as soon as possible.
- Please remember to have a suitable outdoor jacket for our Daily Mile sessions. You may bring a light raincoat and leave it at school if you wish.
- Please remember to show someone at home our class blog so they can see just what you get up to each day. They, and you, are more than welcome to leave a comment letting us know your thoughts.
- Please remember to cover your spelling homework and your Book Detectives jotters.
- Next week you will be issued with details of our Primary 5 trip to Stirling Castle. Forms should be returned to school as soon as possible.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. See you on Monday.