Full Time (1140) – 8.50am – 2.50pm (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri)
- On your child’s first day at nursery he/she should be brought into nursery for 1 hour (either 10am or 1.30pm) and an adult should be available to stay. The adult will be asked to complete paperwork. The nursery sessions will be phased as appropriate to each child. Depending on how your child settles they may benefit form a continued phased start to nursery or may be ready to attend full sessions. This will be discussed at the end of their induction session.
- To allow your child to fully benefit from his/her nursery education please ensure he/she arrives promptly to start the session.
- The doors operate on a buzzer system and a member of staff will welcome and dismiss your child at the end of the session. This ensures that parents have the opportunity to communicate with their child’s key worker when dropping off/ picking up. This helps to keep the lines of communication with families open and is also in line with our open-door policy. Parents should sign their child in at the beginning of each session and sign them out when collecting them again.
- You will be asked to identify adults (16 years +) who will be responsible for dropping off and collecting your child. If for any reason these arrangements should change a parent should notify a member of staff or by phoning 0300 300 0145.
- If your child is going to be absent from nursery, please telephone 0300 300 0145. We ask that you explain the reason for his/her absence and the expected duration they will be off for. If your child has suffered sickness or diarrhoea, we would ask that you follow Scotland’s Health Board Guidelines and keep your child off for 48 hours after his/her last episode of sickness/diarrhoea.
- If your child is absent for a prolonged period of time, we will contact you to find out about your child’s well being.
- If taking your child on holiday during term time, please notify a member of staff about the dates and length of your holiday.