31.03.20 P4 Home Learning πŸ“š

Tuesday 31st March

Literacy: Handwriting

Warm up

• I can practise my join from the letter e.

Task: Focus – Record your date, title and I can statement in your jotter. Copy out the join β€˜ee’ on one line with the sentence β€˜I can see the sea.’ X3.

A. Practise joining the eee pattern into your jotter on one line. B. Copy the letter patterns ee on a line, ea on a line and ey on one line each into your jotter. Check over your handwriting.

Main Activity

• I can demonstrate my horizontal join using my neatest handwriting.

Task: Extra – Record your title and I can in your jotter. Copy these words into your jotter using your neatest handwriting: be, see, feet, meet, bee, sea, feat, meat. Homphones are words that sound the same but have different spellings and meanings.

Task: Extension – Record your title in your jotter. Copy the poem above into your jotter using your neatest handwriting and taking care with your letter joins. Careful with tall letters t, l, k and letters that fall below the line p, f and y. Underline the words that make the ee sound.Β πŸ“Β 

Challenge: can you find and record other eeΒ homophone words that sound the same but have different spellings and meanings?

Finisher: Reading – Log into Oxford Owl by clicking on β€˜MyClassLogin’ at the top in pink and enter woodp4 with password as the password.

Click on MyBookshelf and search for a book of your choice via age, series or theme. Listen to the story, read the story and then play an activity. You may wish to read 10/15 pages only if your book has smaller print and more content.Β πŸ“šΒ 

Record the book title in your jotter and give it a rating out of 5 stars (1 ⭐  is poor > 5 ⭐ is excellent).

Maths: Addition

• I can count on and back in 1’s and 2’s.

Warm up task: Mental Maths. Record your title, I can and Q1-16 in your jotter. Complete One more than 1-4, 2 more than 5-8, One less than 9-12 and two less than 13-16. You could record in your jotter like this:

1 more than:

1. 173 – 174

2. 284 – 285

3. 389 – 390

4. 499 – 500 Β  and so on.

Main activity: 3-digit addition

• I can add a 1-digit number to a 3-digit number accurately
  • I can add multiples of 10 to a 3-digit number.

Task A:Β Record your title, I can and Q1-16 in your jotter. Write out one sum at a time and calculate the answer by counting on in 1’s. Remember, you can always switch the numbers around mentally to start with the larger number to help you. For most of the sums where the hundreds don’t change, you can cover the hundreds and focus on the tens and units.Β 

Task B:Β Record your title and Q1-16 in your jotter. Write out one sum at a time and calculate the answer by counting on in 10’s. Remember, the Tens and possibly the Hundreds will change only – your Units will always end in a 0.

Check over your answers and traffic light your work.🚦

SUMDOG CHALLENGE πŸ†Β β­Β πŸ€“

Calling all Primary 4’s… πŸ“’πŸ“’πŸ“’

The Sumdog competition for our classes is running well and you are all doing grrr-eat! It started on Monday is on until Friday at 3pm. It is based on your Place Value skills. As you work to improve your accuracy, keep your eye on the leaderboard! πŸ˜‰

Let’s show P4/5 how marvellous we are at maths!Β πŸ†

Today on Glasgow Science Centre at Home:πŸ§ͺ🧬

THE MOULD EFFECT

Tuesday 31 March. A demonstration and explanation of a scientific phenomenon known as the Mould effect. If you’re a skateboarder, you’ve got an advantage to already understanding some of the principles of the forces involved in this mesmerising phenomenon.

Reminder: PE with Joe Wicks is live at 9am on YouTube. Why not search for The Body Coach TV and join in with the family – keep fit, active and healthy! We are loving taking part at home! πŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Mrs Maher πŸ˜ƒ