P5a’s Rumble in the Jungle

We in P5a have been very busy transforming our classroom into a rainforest – this terms Social Studies topic.  We hope this will inspire and motivate our learning as well as being a fun environment learn in.  We have been working hard at home too, both on our personal rainforest project and creating our 3D jungle animal – Mrs. Fullerton can’t wait to see them! Each Friday it is important to bring in our project research as this is when we work co-operatively to produce our rainforest Fact File Challenge.  To be successful learners, we must share and collate our research in order to produce our information Fact File.  It will be hard work but really worth it – feel free to come and read all about it!

25 thoughts on “P5a’s Rumble in the Jungle”

1. I am as always very proud of all my boy and girls. You are indeed all Successful Learners!
    Mrs. Fullerton

2. Mrs Fullerton has asked us to write five rainforest facts

The giant taros is 3.4m long.
    It is found in the rainforest.
    There are four layers to the rainforest.
    Half the worlds plants and animals are found in the rainforest.
    All leaves have driptips.

1. i love the rainforest its so exotic it is full of lots of interesting animals like:-

amphibians such as

fish,frogs,salamanders and more

mammals like elephants and sloths

so many more far to much to name half of the worlds plants and animals are found in the rainforest OMG lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol i wish every one could expeirience the rainforest as you can see we are transformationing our class into a rainforest it itakes a lot of hard work and effort but its still a LOT OF FUN mrs fullerton is the best teacher in the world she does A LOT OF STUFF FOR US SHE IS EPICALLY MAJESTICLY AWESOMLY AMAZINGLY SPEICALLY FANTASTICLLY AN EPIC,MAJESTIC,AWESOME,AMAZING,SPECIAL,FANTASTIC TEACHER EVEN BETTER THAN BUTTER ACTUALLY I CANT DESCRIBE HOW GREAT SHE IS FOR OUR NEXT SCHOOL TRIP SHE IS PLANNING ON TAKING US TO A TITANIC EXABISION SO IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT JOINING THIS SCHOOL YOU BETTER HOPE YOU GET MRS FULLERTON YOU WILL NOT REGRET THANKYOU TA TA<<<<I MADE A NEW WORD OCSNET IT IS ANOTHER WORD THAT IS LINKED WITH MAJESTIC BYE

3. I loved making the leaves.My favorite part was Callum and me made a owl.Callum did one side but he did just the body and I did all one side and eyes on the other side.

4. P5a are learning the rainforest we loved it so much I woad like to thank mrs Fullerton for giving up hur time to teach us about the rainforest my favored thing was the pranayama fish I love learning about it I can’t wait to learn about the titanak

5. we have made the class into a rainforest and we. had 4 whole days doing art it was epic i have a few facts to tell you about.
    1.there is 80 diffrent rainforests in the whole world.
    2.the fish and the snakes and some other animals l
    live under on little tree.
    3.you know what possinin snakes and frogs look like because you can see the couler the unpossinin once have normaly green and possinin once have all diffrent coulers on it and the same with the frogs.
    4.the animals are all in diffrent levels.
    5.Emmergant is the hi level and canopy is the 2nd hi level and last but not least forest floor is the 3rd hi level
    thank for reading BYE.

6. In p5a we have been working on the rainforest Mrs Fullerton gave us four days to do art we have to write 5 facts what we now about the rainforest.

the giant taros is the biggest leaf in the world
    it is 3.4 m long
    you will only find it in the rainforest
    their is 80 different rainforests in the world
    you will find all the rainforests at the equator

7. We were asked to type 5 facts about the rainforest here are mine

1.Some rainfoest have been around since dinosaurs romed the earth
    2.It takes 10 mins for 1 raindrop to reach the forest floor
    3.The biggest rainforest is in the Amazon in South America
    4.Rainforest are homes to many of the strangest looking creatures.
    5.Some rainforest have been around for 100 million years

1. CHLOE I LIKE YOUR FACTS I AM LEARNING ABOUT THE RAINFOREST BUT EVERYONE ELSES FACTS ARE ALL SPELLED WRONG AN LOUISE FORGOT ABOUT THE UNDERSTORY LAYER ON HER FACTS SO THAT IS BAD

8. 1) You can make 3.5 million football pitches a year in the Rainforest

2) Over 80 countries make up the Rainfofest

3) They are 5 layers to the Rainforest

4) The giant Taro which is the biggest leaf is 3.4m long

5) The Rainforest is well known for animals,trees and plants

9. i loved learning about the rainforest. mrs fullerton wanted us to right some facts about the rainforest so here is mine=-)

1)there is 4 layers of the rainforest. the highest is called the emergent layer the 2nd highest is called the canopy the 3rd highest is called the understory and last but certanetly not least the 4rth highest is the forest floor.

2)half of the whole worlds plants and animals live in the rainforest.WoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3)high at the top of the emergent layer always gets the most sun. ooooooooooooOOOOooooooo

4)some leaves face horosontaly. this is so that the full leaf can get the most sunlight.

5)there are some unusual plants and amimals like the chewing gum tree cock a bird.

i hoped you liked my facts i did i hope we can do this again it was so much fun and by the way the big tiger i drew the face and i also got about five pics of me ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    bye

10. I had a really fun time doing all the art and learning about the rainforest i am going to tell you 5 facts that i have learned.
    1.the giant taro is 3.4 long and only foud in the rainforest
    2.the we learned abou the 4 layers there are 5 but we only learned 4
    3.half of the worlds plants and animals live in the rainforest
    4.there are 80 kinds of rainforest in the world
    5.there are lots of rainforest but we are learning about the tropical Amazon it is amazing.

11. in class we are learning about the rainforest and it is so much fun. 1.the giant taro is 3.4 meters long. 2.there are 4 stratas (layers) to the rainforest. 3.the layers of the rainforest are called the emergent layer,the canopy layer,the understory and the forest floor. 4.the harmless animals in the rainforests blend in with the poisoness animals. 5.because there is no winter in the rainforest there are fruits avalible all year long.

12. In p5a we have been learning about the rainforest and transformed our class into one.I have 5 facts to tell you:
    1)The giant taro is 3.4m long.
    2)The rainforest has half the worlds animals in it.
    3)Every year 8.5million football pitches are cut down .
    4)Most rain forests are on the equator line (which is the hottest place on the world).
    5)The Amazon is the biggest tropical rainforest.

Thanks for reading BYE

13. it looks like p5a are doing amasing on the rainforest and i miss doing it with them i hope they have fun with there next progect i just want to say i miss you all have fun i also want to say thankyou Mrs Fullerton for my fablous edication you gave me i am loving my new school but i feel that your school is sill my school and that my teatcher is still you Mrs Fullerton are still teatching me and that al of my old class mates are the ones i am with just now.MISS YOU ALL
    :D:):D:)XOX OXO

1. Hi Amber, lovely to hear from you! We often think of you too and miss you – you were my original ICT PA after all. We are just finishing our rainforest topic and we are really keen to start our new one the Titanic. Please keep in touch and remember you may be gone but never forgotten. Bye, Mrs. F and all of P5a.

14. It was epic when we where making animals in the Rainforest:-) . We were told to type 5 facts so here the are .:-)

1:Half of the worlds animals are found in the Rainforest.
    2: The giant taro is 3.4 m long.
    3:There are 4 strata s to the Rainforest.
    4:80 countries make the Rainforest.
    5:It takes 10 mins for a single raindrop to touch the forest floor.
    🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 😀 B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) 😀 😀 😀 😀

15. The rainforest in your class looks very good. It looks like a lot of hard work went into it, well done p5a.

16. 1.Rainforest are the Earths lungs
    2.Half of the wolds plants and animals live in rainforests
    3.Rainforests stop flooding
    4.Rainforest provide rain and oxygen
    5.Tropical rainforest are close to the equator

17. It has been great fun learning about the tropical rain forest in Mrs Fullertons class here are my top 5 rainforest facts.

1.Rain forests are found in asia,africa and australia.
    2.The largest Rain forest is the Amazon Rain Forest .
    3.Rain forests have 170,000 of the worlds 250,000 known plant species.
    4.Ther are many mammals that live in the Rain forest like jaguars and ocelots .
    5.Tropical fish found in household fresh water aquariums like angel fish and tetris fish
    come from the Rain forests.

18. I have really enjoyed learning about the tropical Rain forest in Mrs Fullertons class here is my top 5 facts.

1.Rain forests can be found in asia,africa and australia
    2.The largest Rain forest is the Amazon in south america.
    4 There are many mammals that live in the rain forest like jaguars and ocelots.
    5.Tropical fish that are in many peoples homes come from the rain forests like angel fish and tetris fish.

19. I have enjoyed learning about the Rain forests in Mrs Fullertons class here are my top 5 facts

2.The largest Rain forest is the Amazon rain forest in south america.
    4.There are many mammals that live in the rain forest like jaguars
    and ocelots.
    5.Tropical fish that are in many peoples homes are from the rain forest like angel fish
    and tetris fish..