P5a Burns Supper

P5a decided to celebrate our famous bards birthday in style – we had our very own Burns Supper.  We researched the traditions of this celebration and wrote appropriate instructions for our Genre Writing, this helped us both to understand and follow the step by step procedures of a Burns Supper. We think our photos relate how much fun was had by all.  Some of us were brave enough to taste Haggis and it is safe to say it was enjoyed by most of the children who decided to give it a go, while others couldn’t get enough! A day to be proud of – we think Rabbie would think so too!

23 thoughts on “P5a Burns Supper”

1. in class we have been learning about robert burns we didi a burns super we had great fun we got to taste haggis

2. We wear doing a projet and Mrs. Fullerton decided to have a burns supper in class we had haggis and lots of fun.We made Scotland flags.I had fun

3. I also enjoyed doing the ‘bagpipes’ it was hilarious. I am sure we all enjoyed golden time that week!

4. On Friday 25th Jan in school we had a burns supper we got to taste haggis but I did not like it,it was horrible!

5. I really enjoyed the burns supper because I got to taste haggis and I thought I would hate It and it turns out I really enjoyed it. 🙂 mmmmmmmmmmmmm

6. The kids looked like they really enjoyed burns day celebrations. It was good they got to try haggis as its not something I would cook in the house.

7. I had a lot of fun at the mini party. Amy and Emma done an awesome job making the bagpipes. Robert Burns was a famous poet and lyricist who wrote 559 poems and a lot of songs. People think that Robert Burns had wrote Auld Lang Syne but that\’s were there wrong, he heard a man singing part of it and then he decided to write another verse. At the party we were aloud to taste haggis but unfortunately I was not brave enough because I don\’t like it. Four people were going to recite poems at the party, Erin,Emma and Chloe read out address to a haggis I think and I read out Selkirk grace it was very fun. I hope we can to do the same with our new topic which is tropical rainforest. So far we are doing part of the tropical Rainforest project. Thank you Mrs Fullerton for 2 things 1 letting us have the party and 2 giving us the Rainforest topic in fact we are even allowed to start doing some of it today but the exciting thing about Rabbie Burns is that he had 16 children by 4 wife\’s …………………………….WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

8. i had lots of fun at the burns supper we tasted haggis i did not like it at all but i would like to do it again but not taste the haggis again.

9. i loved the burns supper but i did not like the haggis at all i would like to do it again but not taste the haggis again

10. i had lots of fun when we had the BURNS PUPER and we also made scotland flags and we had the pippers and the haggis and we all walk into the class and and around the tabble and we had the haggis mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm we all had a fab time THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH

11. Jason never tried the haggis and i don’t blame him for not wanting to as i won’t try it either and neither will his mum.

12. I’m glad 🙂 I didn’t taste the haggis and I’m thought it was funny when we where piped in… LOL

13. Kira had a great time at the Burns Supper wish I was there too to get some haggis as Kira doesn’t like it and neither does her dad and sister so I don’t buy it. Next time leave me a bit

14. i had a really fun time at the burn’s supper.I enjoyed dancing to the bagpipes i was really some of my friends were pretending to play on the bagpipes it was really funny it was a super dupper day and i want to do it next year in prinary six.

15. Sophie had haggis for the first time at the schools Burns Supper…..surprise,surprise she didn’t like it but had a lot of fun during the day and tried it again at dinner time at home…..still didn’t like it 🙂

16. The pictures are great love the ones of the children eating the Haggis, loved watching all the children at the Burns show and the certificates being rewarded, i was really so pleased that Lucy got one for 1st art for her class, great show look forward to next year.

17. i loved the haggis. i dont usually like spicy stuff but the haggis was AWESOME FANTASTIC AMAZING GREAT AND FANDABIDOSY.Mrs Fullerton does lots of great stuff with us she done oktoberfest and we are currently working on turning the class into a rainforest we are making animals vines and leaves we have this kind of pole thing in front of the classroom and we are going to be turning that in to a tree the tree is called the GIANT taro we are still working on it so if you are thinking of joining this school you would be ULTRA lucky if you get Mrs Fullerton.