Health Week Fun

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This week in the nursery has been a very busy fun week as we have been celebrating health week.

On Tuesday Claire came to show us how to care for our teeth, the children had a great time dressing up and helping Ellie the elephant to care for her teeth. We also explored our movements and feeling through Music with Feis Rois.

On Wednesday we explored healthy eating and made our very own yoghurt cups, they were delicious.

On Thursday we brought our bikes and scooters to nursery and worked on our safety skills and co-ordination.

Friday was the best day of health week. We finished it off with a Sports Day, all the children loved taking part and receiving their medals and I think the parents enjoyed racing to 🙂 .

Have a look out for your child and yourself below.

Message from Mrs Fleck

I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who wished me well when I left to take up my new post at Chryston Primary. I would also like to thank all of those who sent me a card or gave me a gift – I was truly spoiled and greatly appreciate them all. I have many memories from my time at Tannochside and the school, childre and people I met will always hold a special place in my heart.

Mrs Fleck xx

NL Reading Quiz Final

Yesterday our team of 4 finalists attended the North Lanarkshire Reading Quiz at Bellshill Cultural Centre. Mason, Taylor, Danny and Emma did a fantastic job of representing their school and they even got to meet Barry Hutchison, author of the Beaky Malone series of books. The team had a great day and answered some very tricky questions! Congratulations to our fantastic finalists and to the winning team from St. Mary’s Primary School.

Hot off the press!

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Our super successful Primary 7’s are featured in this month’s issue of Legion Scotland’s magazine. We were lucky enough to receive a few copies in the post this morning. Follow the link below to read all about the boys’ and girls’ trip to the Dreghorn Barracks and the Lady Haig Poppy Factory. It truly was an unforgettable experience!

http://www.legionscotland.org.uk/news-events/magazine/

Well done again P7!

Miss Kerr & Mrs Kearney

P4/5

We have been having fun in our Drama class are becoming confident and creative in our performance and miming skills.

We are learning about the bodies of water of the world and investigating rivers and the water cycle. We have talented artists in our class and we are having fun creating projects that relate to other learning areas.

P2a

Primary 2a are enjoying taking part in their Japanese topic. They have made Kimonos, fans and drawing apple blossoms trees which are symbolic in Japanese culture.

They are being fabulous in Drama class and are growing in confidence in performing.  Watch this space for great pics!

JRSO’s

The JRSOs would like you to know that the month of March has a focus on Helmet safety. We have run a competition to create a bookmark promoting the use of helmets when cycling, stating, scooting and if you are lucky enough to have a Segway remember to protect your head.

Winners and photos will follow!