St Bartholomew's Class Blog

P6b Daily Plan – Tuesday 26.05.20

Good morning P6!
I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend! Here is today’s suggested plan. 🙂

9.00 – 10.35: LITERACY
09:10-09:30 Spelling (ALL)

–Find your words for today and write them out in alphabetical order.

09:30 – 10:35: Reading (ALL)
Gryffindor and Ravenclaw

– Open the folder called ‘Gryffindor and Ravenclaw’ within the Literacy section of our Glow page. You are going to read ‘Stig of the Dump’, it is in the ‘Gryffindor and Ravenclaw’ folder on Glow. Write a paragraph summarising what it is about. Take your time with this and try to include between 6 and 8 sentences.

Slytherin
– Open the folder called ‘Slytherin’ within the Literacy section of our Glow page. You are going to read ‘Ivan the Terrible’, it is in the ‘Slytherin’ folder in the Literacy section on Glow. Write 6 sentences about what happens in the passage. Try to have 2 sentences for the beginning, 2 for the middle and 2 for the end.

Hufflepuff
– Open the folder called ‘Hufflepuff’ within the Literacy section of our Glow page. Access the Literacy apps within the folder and access ‘Vocabulary Builder 3’ and ‘Vocabulary Matching 3’.

10:50-12:30: NUMERACY
Mental Maths (ALL)

– Open the folder called ‘Mental Maths’ within the Numeracy section of our Glow page. Complete Tuesday of ‘25.05.20 Mental maths’.
– Practise the 6 and 7 times table.

Squares
– Today we are going to do some revision of near doubles. Remember we learned about doubles and near doubles? Where you look at the sum, decide what it is closest to, double it, then add or subtract? Open the ‘Squares’ folder within the Numeracy section of Glow and complete the exercise called ‘Near doubles 26.05.20’. Let me know how you get on!

Triangles
– Open the ‘Triangles’ folder within the Numeracy section of Glow. Open the folder named ‘Addition and subtraction’ and complete the exercise called ‘Making 1000 26.05.20’. Let me know how you get on!

Circles
– Open ‘Circles’ folder within the Numeracy section of Glow. Go to folder named ‘2D and 3D shape’. Complete the exercise called ‘3D shape 1 26.05.20’.

1.15 – 3.00:
P.E. (ALL)

– Try with Joe Wicks here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
OR
– Get some fresh air and enjoy a nice walk with someone in your household.

R.E. (ALL)
– Listen to Children’s Liturgy from Sunday where you will hear a Gospel reading about Jesus returning to God.
At the end of the video there is an activity to make your own prayer box. Any time you have someone or something to pray for, you can write it on a piece of paper and put it in your prayer box. Find the video link here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMVmyulYUrE&feature=youtu.be

You may have noticed on the right hand side on our Glow page there is now a P6b Virtual Classroom. Please take a look around and see what you can find. I’d love to know what you think.

I will also be in the hub today but will do my best to answer any messages as soon as I can.

Have a great day!
Miss Doyle 😀