St Bartholomew's Class Blog

P5 Daily Plan for Thursday 26th March

Good morning everyone, I hope you are all well and are staying safe at home! I have been looking at all of your wonderful work over the last few days and I can see how busy you have been, well done and keep up the great effort! For today’s tasks I have made a new folder on glow and called it Thursday 26th March so you will find all of the resources you need for today in there.

Morning Activities

1. 9.00 – P.E. with Joe

This is a great way to start your day, I have been joining in each morning too so that I am awake and ready to get on with the rest of my tasks.

2. Handwriting/Music

It’s Thursday and we should have Kodaly today so let’s have a music themed task. Look up the words to one of your favourite songs online. Once you have checked the lyrics are correct (you will have to sing them just to be sure) copy them out in your neatest joined handwriting. If you have chosen a particularly long song you could pick a section of it to write out. Don’t forget capital letters, full stops and any other punctuation you should be using. Let me know which songs you have chosen, can we please avoid the banana song? 🙂

Break Time

Have a healthy snack and remember to drink plenty of water, it’s good for you!

3. Writing

A Thursday is also taught writing day. For this week’s task I would like you to write a set of instructions. You have been at home all week, can you think of something you have been doing in your house that you could write a detailed set of instructions for? I know I’ve been doing an awful lot of hand washing! I also cleaned out my hamster’s cage last night so I could write instructions for that. Other ideas could be how to play a specific game or how to make a tasty lunch. There is an example in the folder on glow to get you started.

Remember, instructions should have

• a title
  • an aim
  • a set of materials, equipment or ingredients depending on what you are writing about
  • a method which should be organised as a numbered list
  • starter words such as first, next, then, after that, finally
  • a picture linked to the instructions

4. News Time

My favourite part of our day in class! Please tell us some news, Mrs Wilson and I are missing your funny stories and news from home! I will start us off after break time and I want you all to join in and tell us something you have done at home or if it was someone’s birthday tell us how you celebrated. You might just tell us how you and your family are getting on.

Lunchtime

5. Maths

Mental – There are questions inside today’s folder on glow, I will post the answers later on today.

Sumdog – There is a new money challenge for you to try today, good luck!

6. Art

Thursday is also art day! Go onto the art hub for kids website through you tube. Here is the link incase you need it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMa5gsmZwHs Today we are using the how to draw an Easter bunny folding surprise video. Happy drawing everyone. Enjoy the luxury of being able to press the pause button whenever you like today instead of having to rely on me to remember!