June Update: 24th June 2020

Good Morning Everyone!

Welcome to the final school-day blog of Session 19/20 – and what a strange session it has been.

Primary 7

I hope that you (and everyone else) enjoys your special ‘Wishing-you-well Wednesday’ blog which was published earlier this morning. You can see from the video clips and messages how much you mean to our whole school.

I am so sad that I am having to say ‘Goodbye’ to you under these circumstances – but from the Hub today I wish each and every one of you every success and happiness in your new schools. On the bright side we will have a reunion for you once this is possible and I’m really looking forward to that.

Fr. Campbell will be celebrating Mass at 10am especially for you – so please log on to ‘Church Services TV (and select Scotland) to follow Mass with your family this morning.

You have been a terrific group and I hope that you keep in contact with each other and with us. You have been excellent Buddies and amazing ambassadors for St. Barbara’s.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank your parents who have supported you and us throughout your time in the school. You must be very proud of your young people! I know that you have missed out on the final celebrations and graduation as your children pass from us to high school and we will ensure that you can join in with the reunion too.

I hope that you all have a lovely summer break and I can’t wait to hear all of your news from high school. Remember – you will always be welcome here in St. Barbara’s.

Well done to Euan…an amazing picture!

Inspired by Picasso

Parents/Guardians

Please continue to check your emails, our website, Twitter and the NLC website in the coming weeks as we will do our best to keep you updated.

Thank you to all of you for your continued support which is greatly appreciated. I hope that the sun shines brightly over the next few weeks and that you enjoy a relaxing summer break with your children and families.

Staff

Thank you also to St. Barbara’s staff: teachers, support staff, office staff, cleaning staff, catering staff, Mr Feeney and Fr. Campbell (Honorary Staff!) for working so hard this year in school and also in the Hub. I greatly appreciate your commitment to our children and to the whole school community.  I  hope that you enjoy your summer break with your families too.

Time to finish with the happy dance…

Mrs McKinney