Primary 3 – Friday 5th June

Good morning primary 3!

Happy Friday Clipart Images | Free Images at Clker.com - vector ...

I hope you have all had a lovely week.

I would like to say thank you and a big well done for all of your hard work. I am very proud of you all.

Reading:

For reading today I would like you to chose a book you enjoy and read it quietly to yourself. When you have completed your book you can fill out the book review below. Remember you do not have to print out the sheet as you can just answer the questions in your jotter.

Book Review

Spelling:

Friday is usually our spelling test day. I would like you to choose 5 phoneme words from this week and test yourself. To do this you can read, cover, write and check the words in your jotter. This is just like the way we do it in class.

Grammar and Punctuation:

Can you remember when we looked at putting words into alphabetical order?

Have a look at the power point below to remind yourself what this means. It will give you some challenges along the way that you can complete in your jotter.

Alphabetical Order

Number Talks:

Choose one question to complete in your head.

Red – 78 – 9 =

Amber – 84 – 23 =

Green – 63 – 36 =

What strategy did you use?

I will post answers and suggested strategies at 3:00pm today.

For our main numeracy task today we are going to be taking part in a Sumdog competition.

This is a North Lanarkshire competition for primary schools.

To qualify we need all of our class to log on a play.

Good luck!!

R.E

As today would have been our final First Friday Mass of the school year I would like you to follow Father Campbell’s mass at 10.00 am on Facebook (with an adult’s permission).

Remember to have your SSP (Special Sneaky Playtime).  Hopefully the sun will be shining.

HWB

Let’s get active with some more Yoga practice.  Remember all the good advise Mrs McFall gave on Monday!  Enjoy and make sure you drink plenty.

Well done – we have definitely kept our bodies well looked after this week!

Click the link below to see some example of your wonderful work. Keep sending me in your pictures!

Wonderful Work

Next week all of the teachers in St. Barbara’s will be returning to school to organise classrooms and learning for you all coming back in August.  There will be new updated grids for you to use from next week until the end of the term. R.E. and Health & Well Being activities will be posted on here.

Have a lovely weekend boys and girls.

Remember if you have any questions you can contact me on gw17mcmullenkenedi@glow.sch.uk

Stay safe!

Miss McMullen X