P4/3 Thursday 4th June

Hello everyone, you have me today – Mrs Graham.  Mrs Boyce says hi but she is a busy bee this week with other school work so I am doing the blog for the rest of the week.

Morning prayer and an Our Father

Continue to use your spelling strategies to revise your spelling words this week.  Tomorrow, I will ask an adult to test you on your words from this week and I may add in a few sneaky ones from weeks gone by.

During this unusual time, we notice many acts of kindness which are happening around us.  Maybe it is someone delivering food to those who can not get out or maybe it’s sending a card or letter through the post to cheer someone up.  My friend delivered a bag of goodies on my doorstep one day to cheer me up, it really did.  It felt wonderful to know that I have such a caring friend.  Have you noticed anything like that? Or maybe you saw something on the news.  If you could thank anyone just now, who would it be and why? Write a short letter of thanks to someone.  To help you get started, here are a few more examples:

• Father Campbell saying mass via live link every day to ensure we can all experience mass and prayer when we can
  • Your teachers uploading work every day to keep you as up to date as possible with your lessons
  • Your mum or dad for being your teacher during this time away from school
  • Your grandparents for sending cards or treats
  •  Your friends/cousins for video chatting or sending you cards

Tomorrow there will be a Sumdog competition for all North Lanarkshire Schools therefore, today make sure you work on your times tables and prepare for tomorrow.  Why not have a go at the following games:

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button

We have been revising fractions this week, have a go at the following worksheet. Draw out the amount so you can easily split them in half or quarters.

Fractions 4th June

HWB

We were talking yesterday about how important it is to look after our bodies. Drinking plenty especially during exercise and warm weather to keep us hydrated.  Our bodies are amazing things.

Here is a little activity to keep you busy and at the same time learn about all of the parts that make up ‘US’!!

Have you got a roll of wallpaper lying around or if you have been receiving lots of packages (did you know all our posties are busier than their busiest time of the year, Christmas!) during lockdown and have cardboard boxes around I want you to lie them flat on the ground and get someone in your house to draw round you.  (The weather’s not looking that good today but should be dry so even do this task outside).

Here we have our template!!  Can you label and identify as many parts of the human body – all our organs?  See if you can have a good guess at where they are located.  Our heart should be easy, what about our lungs, liver etc.  Try to see how many you can find.  You could even put your artistic talents to good use and draw them in.

Remember to email your marvellous pictures to gw09grahamannemarie@glow.sch.uk or upload it onto Twitter with an adult’s permission.

R.E

As we know things just now are very different from what we are used to.  By now our new Primary 1 children would have been in to visit the school but, like you, they have not been able to come in for their visits.  We are thinking that it would be a lovely idea for you to say a little prayer for them.  In order to make them feel welcome to our school in August, I would like you to choose the word for your stage below, write/colour it on a sheet of paper, hold it up and ask an adult to take a picture of you holding your word with a big smile and if it is possible you could wear your uniform.  Please email your picture to gw09grahamannemarie@glow.sch.uk  We will use these to make our Primary 1’s feel very welcome in school.

A    Great   Big      Welcome     To     St.     Barbara’s!

Primary 1 – A; Primary 5 – Great; Primary 4 – Big; Primary 6 – Welcome; Primary 2 – To; PRIMARY 3 – St. (remember the dot); Primary 7 – Barbara’s!

Do you remember our Easter Message?

Have a great day!

Take care.

Mrs Graham 🙂